This cast iron thumb latch is zinc-plated for superior strength. They can be used for doors that are 1¾" - 2¾" thick. With this thumb latch door system put into place, you will then be able to open your doors from either side.
- Cut ⅝" x 1¼" slot through door 2⅞" from the edge, at desired at height.
- Screw handle with short thumb piece to the side of the door the latch bar is attached. (Note: Keep short thumb piece to the bottom of the slot.)
- Screw the other handle to the opposite side of the door, with the long thumb piece resting on top of the short thumb piece.
- Attach latch bar and offset plate to the face of the door so that the bar rests on the end of the long thumb piece. (Note: Bar should be in a horizontal position when locked.)
- Attach keepers to the jamb and door in position with the suit bar. (Note: When the latch bar is down, the thumb pieces should be in a horizontal position.)
- Handle with long thumb piece is placed higher on the door than the other handle. The extra long thumb piece is to be cut off to suit the thickness of the door.