RAMM no longer carries these solariums.
Infra-Red Therapy is gaining in popularity as a safe method of natural equine health care and physiotherapy for your horses. These specially designed Equine Solariums use a system of multiple large red lamps emitting IR rays. IR is a form of heat radiation which provides a source of artificial sunlight for stable kept horses. Solariums can help improve your horses' performance and condition.
Better for Horses?
Solariums can help improve your horses' performance and condition. The heat energy penetrates the skin into the underlying muscle and helps stimulate blood circulation, this improves muscle elasticity, therefore helping recovery from and reduction of injuries. A pre-exercise warm up under the solarium will relax muscles and improve training performance by increasing blood circulation. Solariums help your horse to recover quicker after exercise as the stimulated circulation allows the muscles to absorb blood sugars more quickly and speeds up the elimination of waste products from them. Solariums speed up the drying and warming process before and after exercise or washing down and will add shine to the coat.
RAMM Pro Series?
• After the successful launch of the RAMM Pro Series solarium we have improved the aesthetics and specifications to meet the increasing demands of our clients.
• The RAMM Pro Series model is built to the highest specification with a heat resistant, colored ABS plastic reinforced body will not corrode or rust over time in a barn or grooming stall environment.
• The lamp positioning is designed to treat specific muscle groups.
• The front is raised to allow free movement of the horse's neck and features rounded edges to help avoid possible injury.
• A combination of Infra-Red lamps of varying wattage and 4 high powered air circulators to ensure deep penetration of all muscle groups and an even and pleasant temperature over your horse.
• The lamps are mounted into rust proof rounded aluminum back boxes recessed to help make the unit safer for horse and handler.
• High power fans transfer possible heat loss back into the heat and light zone.
• All lamp fittings are manufactured from high-quality ceramic, heat resistant plastic, maximizing longevity.
• All internal wiring is fire resistant to 230F/110°c.
• 3700 Watt drying power.
Optional components include a range of control boxes, UV lamps with timers for those horses lacking exposure to sunlight, and electronically operated.