Drinking Post Waterer
Okay, if you do nothing else with this newsletter, you just have to read this article. I know---that seems extreme, but I’m so thrilled with the Drinking Post Waterer and I know you will be, too.This is a product you won’t want to miss if you:
Dread winter because of the water issues.
You know, everything else about winter I think I can take, but getting fresh water to my horses at a temperature they’ll drink, is one of my greatest winter challenges. What if I told you RAMM is now carrying a product that eliminates the shoulder breaking chore of bringing water to the paddocks, uses no electricity, doesn’t allow algae to grow, and is completely environmentally safe? Plus it will work even if your power goes off. Wow!
It’s called the Drinking Post Waterer and works very similar to your frost-free hydrant in the barn. It can be installed anywhere you have a pressurized water line with at least 45psi of pressure, including pastures, barns, paddocks, along a fence line---anywhere your horse needs fresh water on demand.
Horses learn to use the Drinking Post Waterer in no time at all---they simply press their nose to the paddle when they’re thirsty---water enters the bowl and then drink as much as they need. No insulation is required, no electricity, no trough (so no lugging water buckets, no scrubbing, no dumping), and no mess. Best yet, the Drinking Post Waterer is just as useful in the hot summer months as it is when the mercury drops, keeping the water at a healthy 50°F year round.
Let’s take a closer look at how the Drinking Post Waterer is different than other automatic waterers on the market today.
- Operates like a frost-free hydrant. A stop and drain valve located below frost level allows water to flow up the riser pipe and out through the head of the hydrant. When the valve is closed, the flow stops and drains into the gravel bed below.
- Absolutely no insulation or heating techniques required because the valve is located beneath the frost line.
- No electricity required so no risk of shock and no energy usage.
- Pays for itself in unused kilowatt hours in just a few years.
- Constant supply of fresh water even if the power goes out.
- No risk of water over-heating. Water stays at a perfect 50°F year round!
- No buckets or troughs to scrub, fill, or empty.
- No standing water, reducing the risk of vector-borne diseases like West Nile Virus.
The importance of winter and summer hydration to your horse’s health can’t be underestimated. Think of water as one of the most important ingredients to your horse’s nutritional program. Water drives his body functions, including his blood volume, gland function, and digestion.
We know that proper digestion starts in the mouth as your horse grinds his forage. As he masticates, he produces saliva, a critical component in the digestive process. Saliva, a viscous fluid that is 99.5 percent water and 0.5 percent salt is critical to keeping your horse’s digestive tract functioning. And the only way to produce enough saliva is to stay adequately hydrated. That means 8-12 gallons of fresh, clean water every day.
But, depending on the weather---horses don’t always drink what they should. We’ve all heard the old saying---“You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.” That much is true, but what if you could make the water so palatable that your horse drinks no matter what the outside temperature? That’s where the Drinking Post Waterer comes in. This product keeps our horse’s water temperature at around 50°F---studies show horses drink more water when it is kept at around 50°F.
The Drinking Post Waterer has been working in the field since the 1970’s, serving live stock and horse owners in places like Iceland, Wisconsin, Montana, and tropical climates like Florida. It’s tough and durable enough to stand up to the rigors of horse play and is resilient enough for any climate from tropical to arctic. Once installed, your water problems are solved. The Drinking Post Waterer offers:
- Easy installation and durability.
- 3/16” stainless steel rod activating mechanism.
- Solid ½” CPVC custom fit water lines (versus flex lines and hose clamps)
- Strong 8” protective sleeve with a .24” wall thickness offering high resistance and flexibility against impact.
- Stainless steel fasteners throughout.
- Poly valve housing materials strong and resilient to ensure decades of maintenance free operation.
As always, RAMM has done the hard work for you. We’ve done a lot of research before adding this product to our line up. The Drinking Post Waterer is durable, reliable, and offers the peace of mind we’ve all been searching for as we try to provide our horses with fresh water on demand. Give us a call at 800-434-8456 or visit us at www.rammfence.com.We can help you determine what size Drinking Post is most appropriate for your climate and can offer recommendations on installation.