The digital voltmeter tests your voltage output to determine if there is sufficient voltage on the fence to control the animals. The large and easy-to-read digital display accurately measures the fence rail and fence charger voltage to see how strong your voltage is. This is an easy, one-touch operation for use with all types of different electric horse fences. Additionally, this digital electric fence tester automatically turns on/off when testing the fence or fence charger.
Testing Your Fence:
- Push the ground probe into the earth.
- Touch the fence contacts to the fence rail. (For Pro-Tek electric tape, insert between contact and rotate 1/4 turn. *Voltage is displayed while maintaining contact with the fence rail.
Testing Your Fence Charger:
- Touch the ground probe to the ground terminal.
- Touch fence contact to the fence terminal.
Finding Electrical Faults:
- If the fence voltage is lower than 2000V, make sure to check the ground rods, wire connections, and insulators. Studies show a minimum of 2,000V are required to control most livestock and harder to control animals require a minimum of 4,000V.
- To find a fault you will need to travel along the fence-line, checking every 300'.