18" Indoor/Outdoor Basket Fan, Black
RAMM's 18" basket fan is designed especially for agricultural use. Unlike most fans (which are NOT meant for use in barns), this fan has a totally enclosed motor with sealed ball bearings. This allows the fan(s) to be used in wet locations!
Motor: 1/8 HP
- Item Description
This 18" indoor/outdoor basket fan is designed especially for agricultural use. Unlike most fans, which are NOT meant for use in barns, this fan has a totally enclosed motor with sealed ball bearings meaning it can be used in wet locations! These fans can even be sprayed down to remove dust and dirt, making them an excellent choice for wash bays and stables.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Many fans sold in farm and home improvement stores are dangerous to use in barns. These include all box fans and most floor-type basket fans. Unless the fans have completely sealed motors, they will NOT be rated for agricultural use. Be sure to check the instruction manual before purchasing - as many will state on the front page "for residential use only". This is true for ceiling fans as well (ours are also agriculturally rated).Electrical fires are a leading cause of preventable horse deaths. In 2007, 44 horses were killed in a barn fire caused by a fairly new box fan. There is a website dedicated to fire safety in barns - check out their stories on how the wrong fans can be a deadly cost-cutting measure! Don't become a statistic...*Do you currently have box fans? Be sure to check out our blog post on barn fans and safety: https://yourhorsefarm.com/are-you-playing-with-fire/
- UL507 certified for indoor/outdoor use. Designed for agricultural applications. *Great for patios too!
- Waterproof - can be sprayed down to remove dust and dirt build-up.
- 3 speed - no variable controller required (Thrust CFM: High = 2,210, Medium = 1,870, Low = 1,420)
- Attached 8' cord with a 3-prong plug (GFCI recommended on all circuits)
- A versatile mounting bracket allows for easy tilt or swivel of the fan to change direction and angle of air movement
- Aluminum blades powder-coated black with corrosion-resistant fan guards meet OSHA 1910.212(a)(5) requirements for installation at any height
- 1/8 HP motor, 2 Amp, 115 Volts, 60 Hz, Direct Drive
- Thermally-Protected: NEMA Class-B insulation allows for a 176°F (80°C) temperature rise. The thermal protection will trip at a winding temperature of about 266°F-284°F (130°C-140°C).
- Quiet operation
- Metal pull-chain
- Pre-assembled - mounting hardware included
- Air-over-motor cooled
- Totally enclosed, maintenance-free, direct drive high-efficiency motors, have completely sealed ball bearings, UL and CUL recognized, and are covered by a 1-Year Warranty.
Owner's ManualCAUTION: Read and follow all instructions before operating your 18" basket fan. Do not use if any part is damaged or missing.WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electrical shock, do not use this fan with any solid-state speed control device. This appliance has a 3-prong plug. To reduce the risk of electrical shock, this plug is intended to fit in an outlet only one way. If this does not fit the outlet, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to bypass this procedure
RULES FOR SAFE OPERATION:
- Do not insert a finger or any objects through the grill guard when the fan is in operation.
- Disconnect the fan when moving from one location to another.
- Disconnect the fan when removing guards for cleaning.
- Do not use the fan in a window; rain and moisture may create an electrical hazard.
- Make sure the fan is on a stable, flat surface when in operation.
- To adjust airflow upward or downward, tilt the head of the fan to the desired angle.
- Pull gently on the chain to change the setting on the speed control to the desired setting: low, medium, or high.
- For permanent fan mounting, install the fan onto a solid, vertical surface with the appropriate 3/8" hardware (included) through the large mounting hole in the bracket.
- WARNING: Unplug from the electrical supply source before cleaning. After servicing, any safety device (including grills and blade) must be reinstalled or remounted as previously installed.
- Use a damp, soft cloth - then wipe with a dry cloth. Do not use harmful cleaners or bend the blades.
- - "I received the fan in record fast time and it meets all my expectations." - Therese, OR- The quality of these fans are so good, considering the price. We feel so much safer having these fans on instead of the box fans that aren’t meant to be in barns. We can sleep without having nightmares about barn fires now ;) The air flow is also great. Even on the lowest setting, these fans have way more air flow than other brands. Will definitely buy more again!- The quality of these fans are so good, considering the price. We feel so much safer having these fans on instead of the box fans that aren’t meant to be in barns. We can sleep without having nightmares about barn fires now ;) The air flow is also great. Even on the lowest setting, these fans have way more air flow than other brands. Will definitely buy more again!- We love the fans. We have over 20 of them and have not had any trouble with them. They are in our horse stalls and work really well. The horses love them.- "Love the horse stall fan! Puts out lots of air, looks well built!" - Robin, AL
Motor: 1/8 HP
Power Supply: 8' cord, with attached GFCI and 3-prong plug (GFCI recommended on all circuits)
Weight: 15 lbs.
Blade Material: Aluminum Blades
Pull Chain Material: 42" Long Metal Pull Chain
Amps: 2 amps
Volts: 115V 60 Hz
Thrust CFM (3-Speed Settings):
- High: 2,210
- Medium: 1,870
- Low: 1,420
- UL507 Certified for indoor/outdoor use (designed for agricultural applications)
- Waterproof (can be sprayed down to remove dust and dirt build-up)
- 3-Speed (no variable controller required)
- Versatile mounting bracket
- Corrosion-resistant fan guards
- Thermally protected
- Direct Drive
- Quiet operation
- Pre-assembled (mounting hardware included)
- Air-over-motor cooled
- Totally enclosed, maintenance-free, direct drive high-efficiency motors, have completely sealed ball bearings, UL and CUL recognized
Warranty: 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Shipping: This item ships for free, individually via a ground delivery service.
SIGN UP to get our monthly newsletter: