Power Wizard 6V Solar Charger - 0.06 Joule
This low impedance power fence charger has an output of 0.06 joule. It controls up to 3 acres or 3 standard miles of wire. This solar powered unit is both energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
Output: 0.06 joule
Coverage: 3 acres / 3 miles of wire
- Item Description
This environmentally friendly solar powered fence charger is also energy efficient. It features a 6-volt battery that is included and already installed. It has a built-in handle for easy transport and a built-in mount that fits tee posts, round posts, wood posts, and flat surfaces. It comes with an easy battery check and battery saver mode. This model is ideal for small animals with limited usage for cattle and horses. It is recommended to be used with steel or aluminum wire and clean fence conditions. Our solar chargers come with a couple of notable features:
- Easy Battery Check - Test your battery while it's in the fence charger. Power Wizard is the first charger company to add the easy battery check. Determine the battery voltage within 15 seconds by turning the fence charger on, counting the number of flashes from the lens, then referring to the label on the side of the charger.
- Automatic Battery Saver - Conserve energy when there are too many cloudy days; the charger senses the low battery voltage and extends the pulse This off time to conserve the battery. The pulse time will start at 1.4 seconds between pulses for a fully-charged battery and will automatically adjust to 2 seconds for a battery that is almost drained.
*RAMM's Charging Tip: Switch it to charge and place the fence charger in direct sunlight for three solid days before use. Do not play with it [checking in on it periodically].
Electric Fence Charger FAQs
- What is low impedance? Low impedance refers to the technology enabling the fence charger to deliver an effective shock - even when moderate vegetation is in contact with the fence rail.
- What is a joule rating? A joule is a measure of electrical energy. Power Wizard chargers are rated in output joules, indicating the energy/power of the fence charger and the fence wire. The higher the joule rating, the higher the shock pulses and the more powerful the fence charger.
- How do I determine what charger I need? To determine what charger to use for 4 strands of electric fence take the length x width = square footage. The square footage divided by 43,560 = the # of acres you have. Acre listing is given for each charger. Just pick the correct charger for your number of acres.
Power Source: 6V Solar Powered
Output: 0.06 joule
Coverage: 3 Acres / 3 Miles
Warranty: 3-Year Limited Warranty. The warranty applies if the charger doesn't provide consistent shock pulses along the length of your electric fence or if there is damage to the charger by lightning and voltage strikes.
Shipping: This item ships via UPS.
Below are links to informational literature, installation manuals, and some layout ideas. All links below are in PDF format, which you can save and print for future reference.
SIGN UP to get our monthly newsletter: